Sunday 15 June 2014

A weeks worth of #OOTDs

So, it's been a weird week. The weather doesn't seem to be able to make up it's mind regarding the whole sun/rain issue does it. Which presents challenges when planning outfits... Do you be optimistic and dress for sunshine? Or be realistic and decide it will probably rain? I've had a week of doing a bit of both.

First up, Monday's outfit for a walk around the local lake... I find what I decide to wear is often influenced by the music I've been listening to, and First Aid Kit's new album 'Stay Gold' is one that's constantly on my playlist at the minute. So this was kind of inspired by that...

Shirt & Jeans - River Island, Vest - Warehouse, Shoes - Dr Martens

                 ----------------------

Tuesday morning I didn't really have much planned so I decided to take advantage of the warmer weather and dig out my favourite All Saints top and my disco pant style leggings. Topping it off with the aforementioned Urban Outfitters hat of course, hats make the whole thing look planned... Which of course, it wasn't.


Top - All Saints Spitalfields, Leggings - BDG Generation @ Urban Outfitters, Hat - Urban Outfitters

               ------------------------

Later on Tuesday I went to meet a friend for a coffee, by which time the weather had decided to be less than seasonal (read, raining). So I put on my favourite jeans, a Breton style jumper and some red lippy. I'm a serious lipstick convert, I never used to wear any and now I rarely leave the house without it!


Jumper - Primark, Cami (worn under) - H&M, Mom Jeans and Boots - Topshop, DKNY watch, Michael Kors and Magnolia Silver rings. Lipstick - Illamasqua Glamore in Soaked.

             --------------------

Wednesday. I hate Wednesdays. So I decided to make an effort and wear something that isn't necessarily inside my comfort zone. Skirts definitely fit the bill, I'm much more comfortable in jeans than anything else! I teemed the midi prom style skirt with another Breton top and then added my Topshop Arcade boots with some frilly socks to jazz things up a bit. Sandals would have felt too girly!


Top & Boots - Topshop, Skirt - F&F @ Tesco

             -------------------------

So, Thursday's outfit probably had much more to do with the fact I watched 'The Breakfast Club' last night than I'd like to admit (if you haven't seen it you're missing out, it's such an 80's classic!). I found these jeans in a suitcase bound for eBay and decided to salvage them. Paired with socks and jelly sandals and a denim jacket I feel like all I needed here to turn me into an actual character from St Elmo's Fire or the likes was a pair of hoop earrings. If you follow me on Instagram you'll already have seen that I have full credit for this outfit to the 1980's. Sorry, not sorry.


Denim jacket - Moto @ Topshop, Jeans - Primark, Jelly Sandals - JuJu @ Urban Outfitters, Cami - Warehouse, Necklace - Topshop.



Right lovelies, that concludes my ramblings for the week - unless of course I manage to get a snap out tonight's outfit for the work night out. I've only left myself an hour to get ready... Ooops. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx