Monday 16 June 2014

Ethereal, Check.

There's no better surprise than a delivery first thing in the morning. Especially when you're waiting for something that you've fallen in love with online. This morning I was amazed when before I'd even woken up my Zara dress had been delivered. The TRF line is always amazing and full of covetable pieces so when I saw this beauty online I needed decided to order it to save any in store disappointment. Zara's standard delivery times are really fast as well which is always a bonus.

The packaging from Zara is always first rate as well - impressive for a high street brand!





Obviously I decided I needed to try it on pretty much right away, despite going nowhere worthy of such an amazing piece today, but I played around with it for a while, and it feels so... ethereal is the only word I can think of. It's like wearing a wedding dress everyday, except in a non-Miss Havisham kind of way. The only downside for me is the length and I'll definitely be taking it to get altered as it is very long, even with the trusty Topshop boots! What do you think to it?

I'm getting no better at the whole posing thing, I know.

The detailing on the bodice makes it feel so much more expensive than it actually is, and I don't even mind the fact that wearing trousers/jeans of some sort underneath isn't optional - it really is that translucent. It's just the kind of piece that makes you feel as though you could turn heads, it makes me wish it was warmer and sunnier and that I was headed to Mexico or Marbella. I took some pics of the detail and of the jewellery I paired with this. I didn't want to detract from the beauty of the dress itself, so I avoided huge pieces, although did dig out one of my statement bracelets from a local Vintage jewellery shop.



What do you think? Do you love this as much as I do? How would you style it? I think as soon as it gets a little warmer some Levi's shorts and white sandals will set my (imaginary) tan off perfectly. 

Although, like I said, unfortunately I wasn't going anywhere exciting today and so I decided to change into something a little more practical for everyday tasks... hence the check part of the post. My Topshop checked leggings are a firm fave and despite it being warmer, I still manage to find a way to style them with almost anything. Today I chose to go with frilly socks, my new Air Force 1's and a plain white vest from Zara. Understated cool was the look I was going for. I'm not sure I achieved it, but it definitely made my wander up the canal path this afternoon a little more comfortable.

Leggings - Topshop, Vest - Zara, Trainers - Nike Air Force 1


That's my ramblings complete for the day. I hope you have a fab, relaxing Monday evening wherever you are. Remember, only another three days until it's Friday again!

x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx