Wednesday 18 June 2014

Free Spirit

Today's outfit was inspired mainly by the new Klingande - Jubel video. If you've not seen it you should definitely check it out, very hippy, free spirited and boho. Okay, so my outfit isn't boho at all, or particularly exciting but I feel like I should feature it as it was in part made up of my favourite piece of clothing, my beloved Topshop kimono.


Kimono: Topshop, Top: New Look, Jeans: Joni @ Topshop, Shoes: Topshop, Bag: Zara City Bag, Sunglasses: River Island

I can't explain why I love this as much as I do, other than the fact it feels quite artsy, and I like artsy. The fabric is so flowing and despite being midi length on me, it's in no way restrictive which is important. Because the kimono itself is quite bold I decided to pair it with basics, Topshop Joni Jeans and a plain black tee. I was quite pleased with the overall look, understated cool was what I was going for. 

The Zara city bag is my current go-to. It literally goes with anything and despite the fact I can never find anything in it, I feel like it transforms an outfit from boring to chic in an instant. (It was actually a Christmas present I bought for my Mum but she's decided she would rather use a smaller one which is totally fine with me!)







Accessory wise, I chose some feather drop earrings that I've had for so long I don't even remember where they're originally from(!) and of course my plethora of rings. I feel bare without them!

Rings (top - bottom): Fun Daisy, Topshop, Magnolia Jewellery. Bangles: DKNY


In terms of these shoes I'm officially a convert. I've always been a little skeptical of slingbacks, and felt they were something donned by the older generation, but they're so comfortable it's indescribable and they feel like a more practical alternative to sliders when I'm driving the car. What do you think? Can slingbacks ever be on-trend? Would you wear them?

Other than that I've had a lovely day, I've caught up with friends I haven't seen for far too long and made some very exciting plans for the next few months. And we all know what plans mean... new outfits. That alone is reason to celebrate!

x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx