Sunday 13 July 2014

Little House on the Prairie

Happy Sunday!

Today I've decided to give my new shirt an outing. I absolutely love it even though the neckline and the embroidery and two things that would usually put me right off.


Shirt and Jeans: Topshop, Birkenstock-a-likes: F&F at Tesco











I bought a size 6 in this shirt as it said it was oversized, I wasn't expecting it to be quite so big though but I really like it because it hides a multitude of sins! The fabric is really lightweight so it's wearable on sunny days without being constrictive and I can still move about as much as I want. I feel like the embroidery makes what would otherwise be a simple shirt into something quite exquisite. I really love the whole billowing feel, and the prim design, like the title of this post suggests it does feel a bit like something you'd see on Little House of the Prairie. I'm planning to pair this with some black skinnies, black boots and a trilby for my trip down to London because comfort is important to me when I have a two hour train ride!

Can I also just say how much I love these Birkenstock lookalikes from F&F at Tesco. I have so much love for the ugly sandal trend at the minute and whilst I would really love some actual Birkenstocks these are just as good as the real thing and they're metallic. They accidentally fell into my shopping trolley the other day I needed them and I think for £10 they're an absolute bargain and really, really versatile.

What do you all think of this shirt and the sandals? Would you wear something oversized or are you like me a little scared of the insinuated bulk that isn't really there but could be. I think I'm over that fear where this shirt is concerned, it's too pretty not to feel confident in!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

Em x

14 comments:

  1. I love the shirt, but I am massively into oversized tops and then fitted jeans/leggings. I like Birkenstocks too, I don't own a pair (yet) but I've got my eye on some in H&M.

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you like the shirt, you should definitely get yourself some Birkenstocks, they're so comfortable! xx

      Delete
  2. love that top, it's so nice!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely be checking out your giveaway, I love Dahlia! xx

      Delete
  3. I really love oversized tops, they're my favourite item to wear :)

    Love, Sara Wallflower
    http://sarawallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embroidery on the blouse as well, it's so so so pretty!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK first things first, Welcome to the world of fashion bloggers. Nice to meet you. Second, that's one gorgeous blouse, love the oversize, love the embroidery and you're wearing it beautifully. Third, No comment on Birkenstock, lol, they are just not my thing ;) anyhow you look fabulous girl. Stunning pics! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful Emma, I adore your tee x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trim on the shirt is so cute, you look so perfect for summer!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much love for this shirt. The detailing is absolutely stunning!
    Oversize shirts are just made for super-skinny pants. I find them really flattering
    / timid lioness /

    ReplyDelete
  9. nah i love oversized stuff - I literally live in it and you look so gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, I read them all and love hearing what you have to say xx